December 6, 2020 Product Updates
This post provides an update to all NuOp members on platform enhancements and bug fixes as of 12/6/20.
New Opportunity Creation Flow
We are proud to release our new opportunity creation flow! (FYI: A referral is a type of opportunity) We knew that you were creating new opportunities every day with all different types of professions. Now you have the ability to do so on the NuOp platform. We have created a new “opportunity” creation flow that accommodates any type of referral you want to send. And of course, we built the new flow keeping ease of use in mind.
If you happen to be a real estate agent and your sold a home to a first-time buyer, that buyer will likely need services from other service professionals. Your buyer might contact you saying “hey we need some work done on the roof and someone to mow the lawn.” Now you can do it all on NuOp.
Three options to create and send your opportunity
As always you have three options to create and send your opportunity to another Member:
- Send out an open referral for a roofer and a landscaper and we will find the candidates for you. Don’t search it, just send it!
- Send a direct referral or a first-come, first-serve referral to a roofer and landscaper that you already know that are on NuOp.
- Invite someone you know to join NuOp through invite and earn and then send them the referral so that you can potentially earn money.
This milestone of giving all professions the ability to exchange a referral with anyone is a huge accomplishment for NuOp. It gives all of our members the capability to maximize performance and keep track of every referral. Now, this leads us to our next big feature in the referral creation flow:
You are now able to require a referral fee for your referral regardless of your profession. For many decades real estate agents have been requiring referral fees for their referrals to one another. In fact, that is the very reason why NuOp was initially created –> To make the process of exchanging referrals between Agents quick and easy. Overtime we perfected that function of the platform and now it’s open to all Members including the ability to require a referral fee. .
Since NuOp is always about speed and ease, we figured it would be a good idea to slow it down a bit with the preview feature so our members can review their opportunity before submitting it.
We also thought it would be a great idea to upgrade the member search bar. Before members were only able to search other members by name, but now you can also search members by location.
Global distribution of opportunities
For our last update, NuOp now gives you the ability to notify other professionals about your opportunity without any geographical limitations. For example, if you are seeking virtual assistant services does it really matter where he or she is located? Probably not! Now you are able to notify any professional who can provide the service you are seeking regardless of where they are located. Previously our notifications were limited to a certain geographical radius to your stated location.
Thanks for reading. We hope you try out features and as always feel free to contact us because we would love to hear your feedback and suggestions.
- Members were not able to sign out. That has been corrected.
List of New Features
- New referral creation flow redesigned with ease of use in mind.
- All members, regardless of profession type, are now able to exchange referrals. This accounts for 257 different professions.
- Preview your referral before sending it. Members have the ability to review and edit their referral information with the new preview feature.
- Upgraded member search within referral creation flow makes it easy for our Members to find one another.
- Professions that have the ability to work remote, can now view and claim open referrals from anywhere on the platform. Prior to this update, open referrals would only notify Members within a 60 mile radius of the referral location.
- All members can now request a referral fee. This option is no longer limited to just Real Estate Sales. Keep in mind, some professions limit how and to who referral fees can be paid. You should ensure that there is no legal, professional or other limitation on your ability to enter into a Referral Agreement and/or to pay or receive any referral fees.